Friday, September 19, 2008

Fridays...Got to Love Them

Hey everyone,

Today is going to be a great day! I am getting to come into work later since I moved one of my clients back to 1:00pm to get some much needed rest. I have two of my favorite clients today and I know they will be fired up to work hard. I have a new client beginning next week. I'm pretty pumped about that. I seem to get a lot of hard working clients so I really am blessed to have that. Here's a tip trainers...I firmly believe you attract the type of clients you get based off of your personality. Think about it...if you are not that committed to exercise as a trainer yourself or are indecisive then what type of clients do you think you will attract? Exactly! Be energetic, lively and passionate about what you do and your services will sell themself!

After my clients I have my Core Power class at 6:00pm. I'm looking forward to it as it is a great way to relieve stress and workout with great residents of the Ridges Community who I consider friends. After a good class I will close up Club Ridges and head off to Vinter's Grill here in Summerlin and have some wine with a co-worker and one of my clients.

My bootcamp speaking engagement went very well yesterday. It was by far the best group I had spoken to. They were very thoughful, polite and asked lots of questions. I always appreciate when personal training students are engaged and ready to learn from those in the field. Anyways, I had a great time and was also able to sit in on a short meeting with my buddy Charles and Troy for Addidas' new sports phone called "MiCoach". Right now it is only sold in Europe so I am testing out the phone for them along with some other people. Basically, it is a phone that is a pedometer, has a heart rate monitor, fm radio, mp3 player, camera, stride sensor, etc. It does a great job tracking your workouts and is very easy to use. It comes out in the US sometime in 2009.

Besides that I have a great weekend set up. Some laid back and fun times celebrating my brother in law's birthday and hitting a great service at church and watching some football. Down a few beers and spend lots of quality time with my wife. That's what I'm talking about! Until next time....here's my fitness tip:

when working out don't wait for there to be an audience for you to perform well in workouts...my old track and field coach used to always say "It is not what you do when people are watching, it is what you do when no one is watchiing." Train hard everyone when no ones around and you'll be awesome!
Post a Comment