Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wake Up Wednesday

What up everyone!

I'm feeling very relaxed today and I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing. I have a lot of working out to do today with clients and with my class. I usually get invigorated though when I have a heavy workout day. I can just taste the pain I'm going to be enduring today! I have a client at 11:00am and then two more at 1:30pm and 3:30pm. My class is at 6:30 so I will have some decent recovery time between sessions. I'm one of those "workout with your clients" type of trainers. I love to be in the thick of it with them and let them know that I am ready to take on the challenge of their journey with them. I believe in setting the example and helping to encourage them along the way. With that being said I have a heavy leg workout with my first client and then I'm running 40 hills (about 25 meters in length for each hill) and then doing a station based circuit training class tonight. Should be a helluva a ride.

I've been encouraged at Club Ridges lately by the evening turnout of residents coming to the gym. To let you guys in a little bit more about Club Ridges, we are a private residential fitness club that only caters to residents of the The Ridges Village and their guests. Since a majority of the homes in the community are worth well over million dollars it can be difficult to get residents to come to a Club that is in some cases smaller than their homes (for your information our Club is 9,000 square feet). Still, we get a decent turnout among residents and guests, but we are looking for more ways to get the residents to come to the Club. So, we are rolling out various new programming coming up, but even before we do that I have noticed a nice spike in evening usage and that is a good sign. I'm hoping that leads to more personal training for our trainers as well.

Anyways, I'm still working on a deal with an affiliate of mine for a submitting a chapter for a personal training textbook. Things move slow on other people's time it seems, but I need to be more patient and have more faith in the process. I have not written in my "Training the Trainers" book lately. I'm about halfway in that book and I've just not felt the pull as to which direction I want to go in on the next chapter. However, I anticipate that I will begin work on it again within the next week.

In terms of exercise advice today, I want you all to focus on your mind set for exercising. As a former collegiate track and field athlete I've had my share of tough workout days, but you know what? You can get through those days with a mind set that is a solid as granite. Back when I was a track athlete my teammates and I would always be so nervous before we ran in practices. The practices were absolutly nerve racking because of the difficulty we knew were going to face. If you've ever run track before you know that it is one of the most physically demanding sports out there. Anyways, we used to always say "Get Your Mind Right" before we stepped on that track. Everyone, before you hit the weights, the cardio machines, class or work with a trainer make sure that you "get your mind right" because you want to strive for a quality workout every time you workout. Train your mind just as much as you train your body and you will be successful almost all of the time.


Thanks for reading my blog everyone and have a great day!
Post a Comment