Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Slow Down...and Listen

Hey everyone!

I'm back again with another installment of my blog and today's entry is all about slowing down in life. Now, I must say that I am one of the busiest people around, but I do take moments (sometimes a moment leads to an hour or two) in my day when I just sit and reflect upon my life and soak in everything. Today, while I was at my job at Club Ridges, I got a chance to sit outside next to our pool and just take in the beautiful weather and think about how great it is to be alive and enjoy this life. To many times I see people working non-stop and never taking time to sit back and just release themselves from the grind of life.

Now I know the grind is important, but so is your peace of mind. That is why I highly recommend taking an hour or two in your day and letting yourself be free of whatever you are doing that is keeping you busy. Many people think I'm busy beyond belief, but the reality is that I'm busy in isolated times because I set aside time for myself to be engaged in the slow down of life. When nothing is going on and there is just that still feeling in the air, I like to zone out and let my mind just slip into a vaccuum of nothingness. I find that when you slow down and relax you find lots of inspiration and creativity. People ask me all the time how I come up with my ideas for things like Connect to Fitness and other business ideas, etc. My main answer is always that I look for the things that are not currently in the market and I go for that. However, my other answer is that I just sit back and chill many times and let things just come to me.

I'm a very organized person and my life has a ton of structure to it. However, one of things I have been doing lately to slow down my and enjoy my life is to abandon structure in certain things. One thing I never structure is when I meet new people during my networking for Connect to Fitness. No questions, no pre-planned ideas of how we can help each other....nothing. I just let the other person talk and I listen. I allow my mind to be free of a response or a reaction. I just purely stay in the moment and absord what that person is saying to me. It is then, when my mind is relaxed and focused, that I come up with my best ideas and future ventures.

So, I guess my whole point is take time and smell the roses in your life. You have much to be thankful for and you have much to gain from slowing down and listening more intently. Thanks for reading again everyone. Later!

Dr. D
Post a Comment