Sunday, August 2, 2009

Second Chances

Have you ever made a big mistake and thought to yourself...I hope I can be forgiven and given a second chance? Well, I believe we all have been in that boat at some point or another in our lives and it is a pretty humbling place to be.

After our pastor's sermon today, Michelle and I had a great dialogue about the message about how the Lord cares for all of us. Even those who we may not think need to be thought of or reached out to are important. It made me think of all of the times in my life when I needed someone to throw me a line to me to help me and so many people always came through in those times. I wondered...what must it be like though for others who are not getting the help? Who is being ignored because of the things that they've done? What must they feel when the world has abondoned them? How would you feel is no one was there for you?

Well, I'm here to tell each of you that everyone needs someone to give them a second chance. I believe that we are at our best when we help others who are in need of a shot of hope and inspiration. The ability to extend your hand to another person in need is a gift that cannot be measured in external rewards. Take the time right now to think of one person in your life that needs some help desperately. Now, make it your mission to reach out to that person because when you do that you will set into motion a great set of events as long as both parties work to foster that comeback story.

Think about it...don't we love movies and tales of someone who beat the odds and came back from certain ruin? We are captivated by it! We all wish that in our darkest times that we could rise from the ashes to show everyone that we are worth fighting for. There's someone out there that you know that is worth a second take...find that person and reconnect with them. And you know the funny thing? In some special circumstances they just might find you first.

Until the next time...

Dr. D
Post a Comment