Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rise

I had been up since 4:00am one morning ago. My wife and my daughter were sleeping peacefully by the time I left out the house at 7:00am for a lecture I was going to do at 8:00am. While I was driving I noticed the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen in my life. The sun was rising ever so gently through the clouds. The sky was an orange hue that gave the sun the appearance that it was expanding slowly into the atmosphere. It was so beautiful and powerful at the same time. The sun's rise was truly magnificent and it got me thinking about the rise of us as people.

For many of us humanity is not a beautiful ascent. It is many times a rough and tumble experience of grief, anger, pain and frustration. However, there are also many moments when our rise is majestic and awe inspiring. It lets us know that we are capable always of rising above the circumstances that we have either been thrown in or have created. It is up to us to capture our own beautiful sunrise and be a light to those around us whether they are strangers or long time friends.

In my line of work I often get the chance to mentor many individuals in the health, fitness and wellness industry. Part of that mentoring is helping people to create new and desirable behavior patterns to overcome the undesirable ones they have been exhibiting for years. The biggest hurdle is often the mindset that you will continue to fall down because that's just who you are.
That couldn't be farther from the truth! The key is to create a goal or goals that allows you to rise gradually into the success that you have been searching for while also building a supportive social unit. You have to put in the work to get what you want! There is no overnight success when it comes to overcoming hard times and set backs that you may have experienced. Your ascension as a human being is primarily based on your willingness to focus on your ability and your effort through the process of becoming the person you want to be.

So the question is simple...are you willing to be consistent like the sunrise and sunset? Are you willing to move forward and stop making excuses for why you can't rise past the things that may have held you back? If you can answer yes to this then you are on your way. The next step is to create the path, walk down it and never look back upon the circumstances that held you back. Look at it this way...there can be no future if your past consumes your present.

I'm here to help anytime that anyone wants to talk about how to move forward. I love to help others rise and prosper. Please, feel free to chat with me and we'll help make a path that gets you on the way towards that success that has been waiting for you to arrive. Rise.

Until next time...

Dr. D


Post a Comment