Monday, August 6, 2012

Changes Are Scary


(Written by Guest Blogger, Stephanie Rowe)

"You gain confidence by doing something that scares you and makes you step outside your comfort zone." Chalene Johnson

Omg! Why in the world would I want to step outside of my comfort zone? Do something different? Take a chance? Teach fitness in front of people? Ok scary but not that scary when you live eat and breathe fitness. How about a new type of class? One that is supposed to be choreographed......nail biting.... You rehearse for days in your house using a DVD get to class and FORGET all the counts. But guess what???? The only person who knows is you! So what if you’re not perfect at it let go and have fun, at least that's what I tell myself.

That is a short example of doing something out of your comfort zone but what about when we take that leap of faith and jump feet first, eyes closed, nose plugged into the deep dark unknown? Then what? Well I already said it and have to remind myself "LEAP OF FAITH". I have faith that I can change the things I want to and accept the things I can't. I am scared silly that I will be rejected by people who are more experienced than me and are more business savvy and organized. Daily reminders telling myself: “ I can do this” is a must for me to help me overcome my fears.

It is scary to start a new adventure in your life whether it’s a new job, moving to a new city and ditching your career and giving it all to a new one. Life can change either planned or not, and it is much more enjoyable if its planned versus a surprise. Regardless, finding the faith in yourself to achieve your dreams is the beginning of the rewards you reap. Surround yourself with like-minded people who want the same things or close to it! Read books, blogs, articles surf websites attend webinars or seminars… everything you can to keep your knowledge plentiful and fresh. This will help you to find YOUR nitch or mark by being a sponge and soaking up all that good info. Baby steps are great but remember don’t wait until everything is in order to make that change. Waiting until the stars are in perfect alignment may be a long time coming and opportunity may just be the star that shoots on by.

No one starts out as an expert in any field. Rejection is part of the process so is success. One no, can be directed to a yes that turns out to bring you more than you ever hoped for. Have faith you took your leap for a reason! Ready! Set! Plunge!

Stephanie Rowe 
Post a Comment