Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Reebok ZQUICK Shoes Review

This following post is sponsored by Fitfluential LLC on behalf of Reebok.


Running is bigger than ever. Period. So many people participate in 5k's, half marathons, marathons, ultra races and now obstacle course runs. The rise of the recreational runner has fascinated me over the past few years. So many people have really caught on to the running craze, which was so different than when I was growing up. As a former competitive runner/sprinter I always loved running, but it was different for me in how I liked it. I loved to train to see how my hard work would influence my racing results. These days I run because I just enjoy doing it and it and it helps me stay fit.

With that being said, the rise of running has also sparked an
equal rise in the quality of shoes on the market for runners. I was fortunate enough to be selected as part of Fitfluential's campaign with Reebok to test out their new Reebok ZQUICK Shoes. The ZQUICK shoes get their inspiration from the Z-rated sports car tires which have excellent handling for going very fast speeds in cars. The objective was to create a shoe that allows you to manage your speed and handling better when you run while also providing more surface area for more effective foot striking contact. According to Reebok these shoes will make you unnaturally quick!

I enjoyed putting that statement to the test and for the most part I honestly felt that these shoes performed well in providing the feeling of everything they advertised. Whether I did flat surfaced or hill based runs I was impressed with three things primarily:

1. Heel support is huge for runners! Like many new shoes on the market they are very light, but they don't always have appropriate heel support. The Reebok ZQUICK shoes are light and they have excellent support for your heels. That alone makes the shoes excellent to me because solid heel support always prevents me from having any flare ups of plantar fascitis.

2. These shoes hug your feet. I've never worn shoes that felt almost like second skin. There is a second inner lining of the shoes that almost grip your feet to provide more comfort and relaxation. I found this very different yet effective in providing a certain feel for elevated performance.

3. Springy! These shoes have a lot of pop to them. This was especially true when I was doing my hills sprints. I always look for shoes that have a good spring and absorption to them when I run. The Reebok ZQUICK's definitely had that. I didn't feel like I had to break these shoes in to run effectively in them. I felt that comfy broken in feeling immediately which was a first for me.

Overall, I give these shoes really high marks. I go through at least 4-5 pairs of running shoes a year and I have to say these running shoes are the best pair I have had in a long time. I highly encourage any recreation or competitive runners to try out these shoes.
Post a Comment