Monday, November 17, 2014

Saucony Triumph Running Shoe Review

The following post is sponsored by Fitfluential LLC. on behalf of Saucony. The opinions in this blog are my own.

I've had the opportunity to wear and run in many pairs of running shoes in my life. While I am no longer the competitive sprinter I was in college, I continue to run as a recreational and fitness based activity. So, the type of running shoes that I wear are still important to me. A good running shoe not only helps you enjoy running, but more importantly it contributes to keeping your feet fresh and free from potential chronic injuries.

I have very few rules when it comes to the type of running shoes that I wear, which helps to keep it very simple in my mind when looking for my next pair of shoes. One, the shoes have to have excellent heel support. I've run thousands and thousands of miles since I first started running and I have zeroed in on what works for keeping my feet performing optimally during runs. Shoes that are more minimal or that focus on very little structural support do not work well for me. Those types of shoes always contribute to an onset of chronic plantar fascitis for me. Shoes with great heel support continually keep me from having this issue so a supportive and strong heel is a must in a running shoe for me.

Secondly, I like my running shoes to have a funky and cool aesthetic design to them. While safety
and performance are first in my mind, how a shoe looks is definitely important to me. What's the old saying...look good, feel good! Over the past few years I have enjoyed the increase in funky colored shoes with crazy designs. It really spices things up and adds a different dimension to running shoes.

With that being said, how does the Saucony Triumph running shoe measure up to my two rules for running shoes? Very well! These shoes are light and airy, but also supportive and sturdy at the same time. It seems that shoe manufacturers are transitioning to this type of shoe construction and I am a huge fan of it. After running several miles in the new Saucony Triumphs I felt a sense of ease and relaxation. However, the true test was when I did my sprints in the shoes. I still do many of the same interval track workouts I did in college and I wanted to make sure these shoes help up on those runs. The result....success! This shoe continually performed well in various types of running that I put it through.

And now to the design...as you can see this shoe is totally loud!! And I love it. When I opened the box to these bad boys I was greeted with the #whoaface pics of different people and an audio saying it. That was a nice surprise! But I also liked how the color of the shoes just popped when I looked at them. One of the first thoughts I had was that I wanted to not only run in these shoes, but also wear them around when I go out because they have major style. So, beyond just running, I have enjoyed lower intensity activities like walks with my wife and our daughter in these shoes.





Overall, I highly recommend any recreational runner or exerciser to get these shoes because they aregreat for performance/comfort. Plus, they really have some killer style and design to them. Thanks for reading this review of the Saucony Triumph running shoe. I hope you enjoyed it!

Until next time...

Dr. D
Post a Comment