Sunday, March 29, 2015

PUMA Ignite Shoe Review

As a lifelong runner, I am always looking for good options for running shoes. With so many choices out there it can be difficult to know which ones will provide me with the right fit and feel when I am doing a variety of running workouts. You see for me, I don't subscribe to just long distance runs. In fact, I spend a lot of time doing intervals runs and sprints as I was collegiate track and field sprinter and those workouts just give me that extra push that I need. So, a strong performance shoe is something that I greatly value.

Recently, I was selected by PUMA on behalf of Fitfluential to check out their new PUMA Ignite running shoe. These shoes have a slick and bold color pattern with a narrow look. The first time I took them out of the box I thought they looked like a nice bridge between a running shoe and track and field spikes. They are definitely light weight, but still provide you with a nice amount of cushion in the heels which is crucial to injury prevention and running performance.

However, I would note that these shoes are not meant to be worn around leisurely all day or for very long mileage runs. These are high functioning performance shoes built for speed in my opinion. In fact, during my training I often start out with a more standard distance running shoe and then I switch to the PUMA Ignite shoe for my shorter speed endurance or speed intervals. During these types of runs the shoes feels light and it is easy for me to have a consistent stride where I can strike my feet directly underneath my hips and come back to 90 degrees of hip flexion. I actually had my fastest intervals runs I've ever done using the PUMA Ignite shoes so I greatly endorse their value as a performance shoe.

Overall, I would highly recommend these shoes for runners who are looking to truly increase their speed endurance and turnover. I would have loved to have these shoes as a transition shoe to track spikes when I was a collegiate athlete. Still, I am happy I have them know so I can push my speed endurance with a solid shoe.


This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of PUMA.

Post a Comment