Friday, April 3, 2015

Madame Tussaud's Las Vegas Review


Its been many years since I visited Madame Tussaud's here in Las Vegas. In fact it has been about 11 years since I visited that place. I was glad that Andy from Tug Agency asked me to review the place for them. I was wowed by how much the place has changed and how interactive the facility is now. I took my wife with me on a mutual day we both had off from work. If you have been to Madame Tussaud's lately then you will notice that before you even enter the facility that there is a wax figure of Channing Tatum. We saw several tourists taking pictures with "Channing." The funny thing watching people is that they seemed to really feel like they were taking a pic with him! At first I thought that was weird, but honestly once we got into the place we started acting like everyone else! Haha! When you first enter Madame Tussaud's you get the feeling that you are about to see something very cool. And boy was I right. The first wax figure we saw was Robert DiNero. Its so amazing see these life like figures right in front of you.



You can tell that so much detail and time is put into making these wax figures look almost exactly like the real people. After seeing Bobby D, we moved on to the first big showcase floor which had a variety of celebrity wax figures. Michelle and I had a good time posing, smiling and just generally having a good time. I think our favorite part of that first area was the Hugh Hefner area. As you can see below Michelle decided to get into bed with Hef!





As we approached the next area we saw sports stars from today and yesteryear. I loved that you could fake box with Muhammad Ali, play basketball with Shaq and so on and so forth. The interactive portions of Madame Tussaud's were the best aspects of it because they were fun, but they also just made taking pictures so much more fun. I think you can tell that from our pictures. As we made our way through the rest of the facility we just found ourselves feeling more and more relaxed and having a good time laughing, joking and taking pictures. My wife and I remarked at how much fun we had with just the two of us doing this micro adventure. I actually recently read about the rise of micro adventures so this opportunity to be reintroduced to a fun part of our local Vegas culture was really awesome.




Our final stop at Madam Tussaud's was the Super Hero area. Michelle took a picture with Sue Storm from the Fantastic Four and I had fun acting out what it would be like if I got scooped up by the Hulk! Somehow the expression on my face looks like I am having too much fun. I am pretty sure it would hurt like hell to be grabbed by the Hulk! 



Overall, it was just an amazing time. I've always liked how Madame Tussaud's spends time updating and evolving their product. You can tell with things like the Super Hero area that they pay attention to what's popular in general culture. I look forward to going back to Madame Tussaud's and see how the place will continue to grow. It's honestly really impressive that they have stayed open over a decade in a town where things close regularly. Vegas is not exactly a town filled with tradition so its nice to know that this place has become somewhat of a tourist institution here in town. However, I highly encourage my fellow Vegas locals to check out this place. I promise you will have a good time and you will leave with many fun pictures to look back upon. Here's the link to Madame Tussaud's: https://www.madametussauds.com/lasvegas/

Until next time...

Dr. D

Post a Comment